Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub Report not appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhaidib

Programmer
Sep 27, 2005
SA
I have created a sub report based on stored procedure and linked to the parent report with relevant fields. But it is not appearing when the parent report is executed. Only the report header is visible. I have not suppresed or hidden any section. Sub report preview on its own appearing well.

Can some one kindly help me to locate the problem?

As a test, if you remove the links does the sub appear in its entirety? In what section is the sub located?

-LB

Thanks for the reply.
Without the links the sub report is appearing in its entirety as per given parameters.
The sub report is placed in Report Footer a.
SQL Query looks as:
{call ICNOR08D.dbo.YTDSalesP;1(?,?,?,?,?,?)}

Pleass look into it.

The links are the problem then. Note that a subreport in the report footer would only take the values of the last linking fields in the main report. What are you trying to achieve by linking? If you want the same parameter values used in the subreport as in the main report, then create the same record selection formula within the subreport and then link the parameters to each other, instead of linking fields. In the linking screen, use the dropdown in the lower left corner to select the parameter {?parm} instead of the default {?pm-?parm}.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back