Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub report headings across multiple pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jupiter8

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
GB
I have a crystal report with several sub-reports each of which have their own set of page headings. Now each sub-report can run across several pages.

Is it possible to have the Report Header of the sub-report print on the top of each page for that report and so on with the next sub-report.

I'm guess you could achieve this by writing some clever forumla in the page header itself, but before wasting lots of time doing this, is there an easier solution.

You can insert a new group on top of your first group in the subreport. Copy all the content from the Report header in the new group header.

In design view of your subreport go to group header

Right click > Change group > Check Repeat Group Header on each page.

This will repeat the group header if it more than one page.

Hope this helps!

Kchaudhry

Thanks that sounds like a workable solution to me and thanks for coming back so quickly. This forum certainly does appear to be far better than anything you can find on the business objects website.

Its seems a bit odd that business objects didn't provide this function for the report header.

I know this is a long time after this originally appeared but I had the exact same question.

I am trying to combine 4 independent reports so they will print as one so they can be saved to one PDF file.

I added a field to the query being used for one of the multiple page sub reports (which is a constant for every record in the sub report). I tried grouping on this field using the report expert. It accepted my request but when I examine the sub report there is no section (either header or footer) for the grouping field. When I try to use the change group expert it is grayed out.

I assume in all of this that there is no way to have a page header or footer in a subreport.

Any ideas would be helpful. Crystal 8.5.

John

I was able to do this with the solution provided above. I think that your problem is different, it may be do to with the parameter your are passing into the report. I am aware that crystal can not do running totals on values passed from the main report to sub reports. Maybe its a similar type of issue with the grouping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back