Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub-report blank after linking parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj27

Programmer
Mar 16, 2010
US
Hello all,

I'm sort of at my rope's end as I have never faced this problem before. In Cystal X, I would simply like to pass a parameter to a sub-report. This parameter is actually a shared variable which is calculated on a different sub-report. I know the shared variable is good as it is dispaying properly on the main report.

But everytime I link the parameter to a (also working) sub-report, the subreport goes blank. I am not (at the moment) selecting sub-report data based on the parameter. Parameter type is date. The sub-report is located in one of the main report's detail sections.

Out of frustration, I created a formula on the main report with a static number in it and passed this into the sub-report and same result. I simply fail to see the issue. As soon as the sub-report has no parameters, it gets populated.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back