Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub Forms & Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

damaruk

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
GB
I have a database that uses the main form for customer details and a sub form for contact history that holds date of contact, description and then a memo field for details of what has been said.

On screen this works very well with all of the info linking.

what I want to do is merge information into a word document that incorporates information from both forms with a rolling contact history on the one sheet.

PROBLEM

when I do the query it generates the customer information sheet, but then duplicates it for each individual contact history entry. This producing numerous sheets with just one line of contact history instead of it being on one sheet IE) One customer detail sheet incorporating all of the history from the subform on the same sheet.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would recommend you do not link to a word document but create a report that prints directly from Access. Using the report wizard you can include the two tables(or one query that uses both tables). Access will automatically recognize the link between the two(provided the relationships are set correctly, and it sounds like they are) and create the appropriate grouping levels for you. Once the report has been made and it displays the info to your liking you can add a button to your form to open the report and limit it to only the current record displayed on your form. This is done through the use of a filter. The Access button control wizard can even help you with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back