Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub-Form Sum in Footer not displaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcusick

Technical User
Aug 9, 2000
US
Hi all.. I have an ADP Project that I initially converted from an Access DB. One of my forms has a Tab Control, on which one of the tabs has a subform(SubA), that has another subform(SubB) on it. Basically, the main form has a drop-down that selects a code, that updates the SubA, and then subsequently SubB. SubB is set to continuous Forms and has columns for the 12 months. Each column has a total in the footer.

This worked fine in my initial DB, however I'm having issues with the ADP. I can't seem to get the Child and Master Link fields working right. So I am applying a filter to SubB based on the code selected. In the footer of SubB, all of my sum fields have #ERROR. I can programatically set the control source of the 12 fields to a DSUM() with SubB's filter criteria as the DSUM Filter criteria, however this takes a while to load for 12 columns. Is there any reason why my SUM isn't working in the footer?

Oh, and one more thing... If I open up SubB on it's own, the totals display as expected... It must have something specifically to do with being used as a SubForm, possible with the Master/Child links..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back