Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub Form Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilly

Technical User
May 28, 2001
GB
Is it possible using a Macro to get a Sub-Form field to update a field on the Main form. I have a Finish date field on the main form. on a sub form I have a extention request form with a Extention start date and extention period field. I an trying to get the Extention field to update the Finish Date field after being updated. I cannot work out the correct syttax to create the SetValue within a Macro. There maybe a solution within some VB or using the On Exit on the Sub-form.

You can use the forms collection to access fields on all open forms, including subforms. If you want to update the field of the main form from the subform, place the code in the after_update property of the field on the subform. Use the Parent property to address the main form; i.e.,
Parent.FieldName = FieldName(on subform)

mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back