Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Style sheets 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

acevans

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
Wondering if anyone knows a faster way of updating text and style sheets other than choosing no style then the style again. The line of text was changed by someone else not using the style sheet so has a plus next to it, so the text won't change even though the style sheet has been changed.

Thanks.

Highlight the text you want to change, then hold down Alt and click on the style sheet. Is that what you mean?

If you're on a mac, you click on the paragraph, then hold the option key down while you select the style sheet in the SS dialog box

How simple! I have been using Quark for 8 years and never knew that (both mac and pc) Thank You both!

Make sure there are no e.g italics in the para before doing this as it will strip out anything that's different to the para stylesheet i.e Bolds, Italics, font size changes etc.

Example
Code:
THIS
Wondering if anyone knows a faster way of updating [b]text and style sheets[/b] other than choosing no style then the style again.  The line of text was changed by someone else not [i]using the style sheet so has a plus next to it, so the text won't change even though the style sheet has been changed[/i].

TO THIS
Wondering if anyone knows a faster way of updating text and style sheets other than choosing no style then the style again.  The line of text was changed by someone else not using the style sheet so has a plus next to it, so the text won't change even though the style sheet has been changed.

Marcus

Right you are Marcus. One will lose any character styles that have been applied plus any manual bolding, italics, etc. Thanks for the "illustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back