Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Style Sheets that are less then all inclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLewisSSA

Programmer
Mar 13, 2002
US
I am trying to use a style sheet that covers the whole page (ie changes all the fonts, colors, sizes, etc to the same thing) but it isn't working. I used the Body tag as the begining like CSS standards say to do but the Style Sheet isn't changing tables or lists. If I put tables or lists in the Style Sheet then it works but not otherwise. I then tried to use the HTML tag instead of the body thinking if I went higher it would work but this to had the same effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brad Lewis

It is in moments of decision that our destiny is forged.

<body>
<div id=&quot;main&quot;>

</div>
</body>

Try that. I don't know if it will work since I didn't try it. ====================================
I love people. They taste just like
chicken!

You'll have to set the properties you want for the tables, lists, etc. seperately. This isn't how it is supposed to work according to specification, but that's how today's browsers do it. I think the reason is that the browser does not use the &quot;inherit&quot; value as the default for several properties of these elements. (I think this was something that was changed in CSS2.0, so the browsers just haven't caught up yet.) For example, they usually set table's font-family to 'sans-serif'. -----------------------
&quot;To the small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify we give the name 'knowledge'&quot; -- Ambrose Bierce

That is what I thought but I wasn't sure. Thanks alot for you help Brad Lewis

It is in moments of decision that our destiny is forged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back