Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Style Sheet linking problem with FP2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

rileypetty

Programmer
Jan 20, 2007
US
Hello, I've been having a problem with FrontPage 2k since I recently installed the program on a new machine and a new XP Pro load. Previously it had been running on Win2K Pro machine. My website has a 150 + pages and is divided into two sections, one for the public and one for admin purposes (database update and protected...). There are two css files located in separate folders that reside in their respective sections (public & private). When I attempt to use the Style Sheet Link command from the menu (Format) to insert a style sheet link on a selected page the result shows up on all pages even though I only selected the page I was working on. Lately I've been spending a lot of time manually changing half the site's css links to match their respective css page. I can reload if I have to but was trying to avoid that. Anyone have any idea what has caused this problem? Riley

I think I know what the problem is. The site is corrupted on my hard drive. It just occurred to me that several years ago I had a similar problem. However that time it was one of the ASP pages not a CSS page. The main site resides here locally on my hard drive and I publish once changes are made. I’ve already started a new site inside of FrontPage and will cut and paste each page from its original location to notepad and then to another page in the new site in FrontPage. That way anything corrupted should not follow once I leave notepad. I’ll post if this solves the problem.

No, that didn't seem to fix the problem. I'll keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back