Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Style says Roman, document prints in Italic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen95835

Technical User
Sep 6, 2005
US
I have just installed a new printer (HP CP4525dn), and an InDesign CS5 document that printed fine from my old HP 1320 now is printing all the Times New Roman Regular text as Italic. Other InDesign documents are printing fine, as are documents in Word, etc. But the document(s) I am having problems with are a set of documents in a Book, 400 pages completed, so this is a serious problem. I have double-checked the styles to be sure they are correct. I've run a "package" report, which showed no font problems. I've pre-flighted the entire book. I've checked for duplicate fonts (and removed the ones I found). The font in question is Times New Roman, Open Type.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm getting frantic here.

...as a workaround have you tried export to PDF and then print from acrobat from the PDF?

...export from indesign as pdfx1a setting (file > export > preset > PDF x 1a), open in acrobat and print a test page.

andrew

============
============

...if PDF prints fine then indesign is probably not sending the fonts to the printer. Check the print dialog settings and ensure fonts are downloaded to the printer to prevent substitution in print stream.

andrew

============
============

I thought this forum was dead (last past over a month ago) so I went to the Adobe site's InDesign forum ... and after much back-and-forthing they came up with this same answer. I checked the "PPD" box, and all is right again in my world. But thanks for responding, good to know this thread is still alive with posters who have good answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back