Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stupid question: I have a windows 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis37

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
and I keep losing my time. Everything else is fine. I changed the system battery and reset the time. When I reboot and login the time changes. Any ideals?

Are you loosing time on the server? Why not set up your time service to get the time from one of the government's time servers on the internet? If its your clients, they are getting their time from the server. To see how well the motherboard is keeping time, shut down and reboot into the bios settup. Check the time from there. shut down again, unplug the computer for a few min, then plug and start. check the time in the bios again. If the bios complains about anything or has the wrong time, change the battery again.

I ran into this on a desktop and had to call dell on it. i think (it has been a while) i had to disable the time in the bios and apply a patch. check the tech support of the manufacture of the server.

Do you have any Novell servers on your network? Is there a server on your setwork with the wrong time that you server is looking at as the network time server?

This is a Windows 2000 Server. It's the server itself. This a novell environment and my users login to novell, not the 2000 server. I'm using Arcserve management on this server and the time is the only thing that's not holding. It's a Dell OptiPlex GX110. I updated the bios from A05 to A09 and changed the system battery again and I went into setup and changed the time. Still when 2000 boots it's the wrong time.

Patty,

How can I use the net time to use the time from my workstation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back