Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stumped...www.domain.com vs domain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

imeldesign

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2004
US
I am working on a website for a church. It went live last week. I am having one issue. The video webcast page.
I am using FLV List Gallery flash component for the video.
Here's the catch;if I put the url in fbcwpb.org/Video/index.html everything is fine..the video loads and plays and the list tab shows all the files. However, if I put in I get nothing. no video no list.
My content.xml file is:
<content>
<video>
<path><![CDATA[]]></path>
<title><![CDATA[Rescue Series Part 5]]></title>
</video>
<video>
<title><![CDATA[Rescue Series Part 4]]></title>
</video>
<video>
<title><![CDATA[Rescue Series Part 3]]></title>
</video>
<video>
<title><![CDATA[Rescue Series Part 2]]></title>
</video>
<video>
<title><![CDATA[Rescue Series Part 1]]></title>
</video>
</content>

Now here is the kicker. I have changed the path in the xml file to be just fbcwpb.org and it still will only work online with no front of the domain name...I am at a loss of WHY...

Update...ended getting to do just the opposite...work with www. in front of the domain name then put an .htaccess file in the root so if anyone did just the domain.com it would force it to They don't host their own dns which is probably the cause of the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back