Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stumped: Power outage causing abnormal issues with VoIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBone3Stacks

Technical User
Oct 20, 2015
US
Trying to keep this short, we have about 5 phones that are allowing traffic to pass through to the PC but can't ping their gateway. They are receiving IP addresses, their configs are unchanged, the switches' config is unchanged, basically all configs are still the same as they were before but now we have this issue. Plugged the bad phones into known good locations and they work fine, plug them back into their normal spot and all of the sudden they can't ping the GW. Other phones off the switch were completely unaffected and the GW was in a diff. location so it never dropped power. I'm stumped as to how only a few phones locations were affected and I don't know what to do to bring these spots back up since everything still looks correct. I don't normally work on our phones here so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Check VLAN settings on the switch ports?? Maybe the switch config wasn't saved and the switch rebooted??

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, Xpressions, Contact Center

1. Check the phone config - is their default GW properly set?

2. Check the switchports they are patched to - is the tagged voice VLAN correctly set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back