Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stumped: Picturebox.defaultText 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTechMan

Programmer
Jun 15, 2009
CA
Hi There,

I am stumped on this one. Inherited a VB6 app that I have to update. I am running 64bit Win7 and have installed VS6 and every update imaginable. This app has a Picturebox control with a .defaultText property that is being set to either a text string or a mask (.defaultText = inputMask). Unfortunately for me it won't compile stating that the member is not found.

Thoughs? Help!

Thanks!

With VB6 (and many other programming languages), you can use 3rd party controls within your application. 3rd party controls can be anything. I'm using ActiveBar (for tool bar buttons) and Spread (as spreadsheet control).

When you open a VB6 project that has a 3rd party control, but that 3rd party control is not installed on your computer, VB will convert the control to a picture box. Of course, 3rd party controls have properties and functions that a simple picture box doesn't have so you would get compile errors.

Whenever VB does this, it will create a .log file in the same folder as your source code files. The log file will contain information that will help you resolve this problem. An example of a log file might look like this:

Code:
Line 18: Class MSComctlLib.ProgressBar of control PB was not a loaded control class.

To help resolve this problem, please check the source code folder for .log files. If you find any, open the .log file with notepad and post the contents of the file here. This will be valuable information we can use to help you resolve this problem.

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

You are a genius, thank you! Got it figured out!

You're welcome.

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back