Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Studying for A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddeleaumont

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
US
Hey all,

I am going to beging studying for the A+ in January. I was just curious as to how long it took most of you to study for the exams.

Are there any free practice/resource sites out there that you all reccommend? I know there are tons out there but I was just curious as to what some of you could reccommend.

Also, how many of you that took the A+ found that this was truely a help in your career? I am a Computer Support Technician so I'm sure it can only be a plus for me.

Thanks, in advance, for your time and info,
Don
Computer Support Technician

"If you want to make a difference, you have to be different. That's the deal."
-Kevn Kinney

Length of time is a fairly personal metric. It depends on your experience level and study habits. Is this your first attempt at certification? Are you a good student? Are you good at taking tests?

I'd say, with hard work, you could sit the exam in 3 to 4 months. That's an optimistic estimate.

Grab a copy of the exam objectives and start working down the list. When you feel comfortable in your knowledge, start taking some online practice tests. There are listings in some earlier post. Do a little research and you'll find them. Come back often for feedback and advice.

Best of luck.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

For myself, while working full time, I'm going to do the A+ in just over 6 months. That's with only a little experience but a LOT of hard work.

I realize that I'm a little late to the party, but I was able to plow through Mike Meyer's A+ All-In-One book in about a month or so. I already had quite a bit of practical knowledge, but read the book cover-to-cover just to fill in what I didn't know.

I didn't really do much for practice tests, I just went in and took the exams back-to-back and passed.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, MCSA 2003 certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back