Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

study tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashem

Technical User
Dec 12, 2011
I am currently enrolled in college to become a network administrator. I have completed my first two courses. I am preparing to take the A+ exams in the near future. my question is what kind of material is covered in the test regarding extra security features like key fobs and smart cards?

Go here:

Then click the link on the right that says "See what the exam covers". Then register with CompTIA and download the exam objectives.

They've revamped the A+ recently so those of us who have it already probably won't be able to say for surer. I personally don't recall anything on smart cards or fobs on the A+, but that was years ago.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Have you taken the test yet? I'm currently studying to pursue that route. I'm studying on my own through the comptia A+ textbook by Mike Meyers.
The text seems to explain a good amount of what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back