Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Study Material MCSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPR1

Technical User
May 11, 2007
Hello,
I'm new to the MS server world and was looking for some advice on a good, basic book to start with to begin my MCSA certification track?

Thank you.

CCNA

For 70-290 I used the big MS book and Testout CBT software and passed. I also have several years experience.

For 70-291 I'm using the big blue MS book and Sybex's book for 291, as well as Testout. I test today so I'll see if that was adequate. Not feeling confident with this test..

For me, the Sybex book presented the material better than the MS book. However, after looking at some sample types of questions I"m not sure either goes deep enough in some areas. I intend to set up a home lab to get more hands-on in the areas I don't use at work, such as WSUS and the more complex DNS schemes.

Dan

If you're interested I have an inside scoop on some really cheap (but highly rated) test prep kits.

barron.long@gmail.com

Passed with a 700. I was caught by surprise by the amount of DNS questions; I probabl had about 10 DNS scenarios.

Since then I've passed 270 and 284 for MCSA: Messaging, and have 293 next Saturday (9/22). 3 more tests to MCSE, then maybe 285 for Messaging.

Dan

CCA Citrix 4.0
MCSA: Messaging 2003

DanMIS,

Congrats! I didn't have sims on the 70-290 when I took it, but it makes sense that there would be DNS sims on there. When DNS breaks, nothing else works very well.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE: Security 2003

Are there vbscript questions anywhere in the real exam? I really just cant see the point for testing on a single scenario of writing vbscript, it seems so specialized when the rest of the test is more general... Plus if you had to study vbscripting on top of just the general 290 stuff you would go bonkers.

Cory

I've taken 290, 291, 270 and 284. Not a single vbscript questions. There have been command line questions (a couple) but never vbs programming.

CCA Citrix 4.0
MCSA: Messaging 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back