Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stuck on Read-Only 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillysyd33

Technical User
Jul 9, 2006
I have a folder of fonts in My Documents that is stuck on Read-Only. I have adminstrator/owner privileges and cannot get it to successfully uncheck off of Read-only. Any suggestions/solutions?

PS. I'm trying to get these fonts off of read-only so that I can use a font manager to install/uninstall the fonts without having to copy/paste from folder to folder...if that helps.

All folders show the Read Only checked, that setting is only relevant when applied to individual files within a folder. It is otherwise just a System setting to do with Customization of a folder. This article will explain it better.

Cannot Change the Read-Only Attribute of System Folders

Have you tried right-clicking on your Fonts Manager program and selecting Run As Administrator otherwise even if you are an Administrator you only have Standard Users privileges in Vista.

Thanks. I'll try this when I get back home. I'll let you know if either of the options work.

The Run as Administrator solved it. Thanks for the tip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back