Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stuck at web portal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blunderoos

Technical User
Sep 7, 2014
US
I am unable to access my work's webportal from my desktop. After typing in the username/password, the webpage doesn't go any further. The password field goes blank and doesn't even try connecting to a server for authentication. It isn't the portals problem, as it works on another PC. This has been recreated on three browsers (explorer, firefox, and chrome). This is on a a PC with a freshly installed Win 7 x64. Any suggestions on what could be causing the problem?

Thanks

I would contact your work's webportal support team. I think that would get you to a solution faster than asking some Internet tech site that knows nothing of how your work's webportal is constructed. Also, if it's a server side problem, there's almost no way we can determine that.

If you still want to go it alone, I would install the FireFox plug-in called "Live HTTP Headers" and watch the conversation between your browser and the server. A lot of times this can point you in the right direction for getting past a problem like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back