Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STSe was working. I turned it off (to go away). Now can't get station 100 recognized for programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfaguy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2016
US

All stations display the following:
LKD-24BD V0.3​
Scout-DX V1.1 NO SYNC​

Voicemail card has green light.
My two DTIB cards have red lights.
SW8 (its SWITCH #8 is UP, in the off position.
When I noticed the above station displays I cycled #8.
No change.
Your thoughts.
Thank you.

CPU retention battery is dead. You must power down, flip sw#8, power on, then flip sw#8 back to normal position. The phones on built-in station ports should then function. Any phones on add-on boards will not. Old config must be restored from a backup, or system must be configured from scratch. Before doing any of this, I'd replace that battery...

Thank you for your help. All stations are recognized. All CO lines connect as they should.
Several issues, please:

(1) I'm unable to program the CO lines to ring,though I have read the manual and tried doing what it instructs.

(2) Dialing 637 turns on the blue display, but only when there is activity. We formerly were able to turn on the blue background and keep it on as desired. Also we could toggle thru the three settings for this display.

Thanks.

1. Ringing is configured in Flash 40. (Fl40, CO line range + HOLD) Press appropriate button for ringing and dial in the station or group, with ring mode (day, night, special, etc). I can't really add to what the manual says, as the manual for this system is really quite complete.

2. I think that there is a timeout for the backlighting on display - most likely in FL50.

3. "Toggle thru three settings on display" doesn't give us much to work with.

If the memory battery is dead, you'll be in a position of reprogramming each time the power blips - I would certainly replace if not yet completed.
Good luck!

Again, your input much appreciated.
I managed to get the stations ringing, and with different ring tones for CO lines.
Working on trying to get a flexible button programmed for DND.
Unfortunately the manual is a bit confusing.

I only want DND without forwarding or anything fancy.
Just press DND once at an station and the station gets no external calls.
Thanks

You should find this in user guide. At particular phone, Speed Speed, press flex button, dial DND code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back