Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STS Please help I'm a noob and not savvy with the terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

sogdologer

Technical User
Jan 29, 2013
US
Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. We have a sts system. We have 5 incoming lines. Each line is associated with a different phone number. I would like each number/ line to only ring at certain phones. For example someone calls 123-345-5678. That call would only ring at Suzy's desk. If someone calls one of our other numbers I want it to ring at mikey's desk and so on.

Please try to avoid acronyms in your response as I don't know what any of them mean in relation to the phone. Thanks you very much. I appreciate your time.

I work for a landscaping company and I am the most technically savvy one here and that isn't saying much. Last time someone messed with the phones here one of them began displaying Japanese characters and still does.

Please let me know if you need more information and I will do my best to provide it.

Ringing assignment is in flash 40. If you're not familiar with basics, you're a fair distance from success. Someone with Vodavi experience could make this change in ten minutes. It will take you significantly longer. Finding tech manual online is fairly easy - if you want to do it yourself, that would be a good place to start.
Also - when Suzy's line is busy, telco may hunt to Mikey's line causing consternation.

Thanks for the reply M. I agree. I ended up calling in a professional. She had it sorted out in about ten minutes. We called the phone company so the lines won't consternate. Thanks again for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back