Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Struts <html:multibox> problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB2Problem

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
US
Hello All

This issue is just taking too much of my time. Any suggestion / code snippet will be a lot help

Problem: I need to populate my jsp page with values retrieved after a database look up. I am using STRUTS framework.

The DAO retrieves the values by doing something like "select * from where blah blah blah". Everything is fine till i get the values.

Now, I have to populate a bean or something (i don't know for sure ??) that can generate checkboxes depending on result of first field (so if the result of first field is "Y" i will show the checkbox as "checked" - else if the result of field is "N" i don't show the checkbox as "checked" - it will simply be checkbox)

I hope I am able to explain my problem.

If anyone has any idea on this please post it

Thanks

Please note that I have to use <html:multibox /> tag

Each JSP should have a corresponding formBean if that JSP has at least one input capable field. So once you've got the data from you database loaded to the DAO you simply have to move the data from the DAO to the formBean representing the JSP front end. Just move the data elements from the DAO directly to the formBean data elements an the bean will automatically populate the JSP associated with that formBean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back