Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Struts forward not working in Websphere v 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartheekk

Programmer
Dec 20, 2007
ZA
Hi!

I have posted this message in another forum as well, so that I can interact with multiple people in solving this problem. Please don't mind if you have already seen this message previously.

Please let me give a brief background of my problem, else it may be ignored by assuming it as a Websphere issue.

We have a struts application running on WAS v 5.1.2 from the last few years. Now we are migrating the application to WAS v 6.0. While doing so, what we experienced is, when the user logs into the application, he must be forwarded to the welcome.jsp. But here, it is not happening so and the application throws HTTP 404 Not Found error. Even if we use an html page, then also it doesn't work. But when the same application is deployed on WAS v 5.1.2 it works absolutely fine.

We thought it was a Websphere issue, and we started googling it. In some of the forums we found that Websphere v 6.0 supports only Struts v 1.2 or above. So we actually replaced all the struts jars with jars present in struts v 2.0.11. Still no change in the output.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Kartheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back