Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

strong name

Status
Not open for further replies.

moabiker31

Programmer
Nov 6, 2004
US
I'm using vb 2005. I have an assembly, called myAssembly, that references a 3rd party tool to handle compressing/uncompressing files. I added the reference of the dll to the assembly and added it to the Toolbox. Now Interop.Abalezip.dll and AxInterop.Abalezip.dll are referenced in MyAssembly.

MyAssembly needs to be strong named so I click on the Signing tab and create a strong name called MyAssembly.snk.

When the app is run that uses MyAssembly, it returns an error not able to find the AxInterop.abalezip. I think AbaleZip needs to be strong named somehow but unsure how to do that. I've done some research and have come across sn.exe, aximp.exe, tlbimp.exe, ildasm.exe commands but I'm not sure which one(s) fit my situation. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back