Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stroked text

Status
Not open for further replies.

leszczuk

Programmer
Jul 21, 2000
US
I have to edit a job from someone who is not contactable. It's an Illustrator file showing how a set of Twitter users connect to one another - think the London Underground map with much more detail. The elements are: a blob for each user, a text box caption for each blob, and stroked paths joining everything up. The problem is that the caption boxes all contain stroked text, which I need to remove. If I Select All and get rid of the stroke, the connecting paths have their stroke removed too - everything is on a single layer. Is there any way of saying: Select all text and remove stroke - but not the connecting paths?

...you can try select one element with white arrow tool and then from the main menu "select > same > stroke weight" or "select > same > stroke color"...

...see if any of the "select > same" choices help in main menu.

...you can also try using the "magic wand" tool (Y key), choose "window > magic wand" to reveal palette options to define target attributes and click on an elemnt to select the same.

...from the flyout menu of the magic wand palette (top right arrow on palette), you have "show stroke options"...then define your target parameters in that palette.

...hope this helps.

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back