Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strings requester not visible 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierrotsc

Programmer
Nov 25, 2007
US
When i insert a combobox and click on the tstring ... to open the requester, it does not show up or is hidden. Every where i click on the screen, i hear a beep. If i press escape, i get control back of the IDE, so i guess i have closed the hidden requester. I tried to restore my workspace to default, but that did not change.
Any idea?
Thanks.
PO

It could be that by default, Delphi has placed the String Editor window behind another Delphi window, or is positioning the String Editor window off-screen.

To see if it's got the window on-screen, but somehow behind a window, activate any other application (click it's button on the Task Bar), then activate Delphi again.

If this doesn't work, bring up the String Editor, then press the Alt key, then the Down arrow, then Enter. This key sequence should have selected Move from the String Editor window's system menu. You can then use the arrow keys to move the off-screen String Editor window into place. If you can't find it, press Escape to cancel Move mode, which will return the window back to it's starting position - you can then try a different direction.

It could be offscreen anywhere, so don't hold down your arrow keys for too long, or you could be positioning it even further out of screen.

This problem can be a real nightmare with dual monitors. And an even bigger nightmare if you change a monitor's position with Desktop Properties.

Good call Grif - I read the post and didn't catch that!

Roo
Delphi Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back