Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

strings in Get URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

willbo

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
US
HELP!
Is it possible to pass a variable string for the name of a .jpg file to load in Get URL? Like if I had 600 .jpg's and when you clicked a Get URL button it could randomly open one of the .jpg's into a new window... i can do this fine with load movie, but i need it to work for get URL as well.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Surely you just use the (near enough) same code... Just put the virtual path and the name of the jpg into the getUrl statement and give it a target of _blank, or make your own up that doesn't exist in any frameset you may have (e.g.: newwindow)...

=)

PetitPal.

Well i tried every combo of quotes or parentheticals i could find, but i cant seem to get anything like this:
(random (100))+1 add ".jpg"
in the Get Url statement to give me a random number before the .jpg.
im sure my symantics are wrong, but im just not sure where.
thx again

you can't load a jpg directly into a plain flash movie, simple as that.

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

Don't really have time to look into this... But you probablycould, I might be wrong, called a random html in which each individual jpg would be embedded. But if you had 600 jpgs that would mean 600 htmls!

;-)

and you think i'm crazy...sheesh....
e.gif

virtuality2001@aol.com

if your not bothered about formatting, ie: just having a jpg load into a new window, top-left justified, you could just use the following:

Code:
image = random(100)+1;
getURL ("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.yourdomainname/"+image+".jpg",[/URL] "_blank");

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back