Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

Status
Not open for further replies.

martindavey

Programmer
Jan 2, 2000
GB
Hi,

I have a list box of urban sprawls (Manchester, Norwich, etc.) The user may select none, 1 or more of these - there are over 500 in the list.
The result is concatenated into a string which ends up looking like:
String sql = "{ Call INFRA.shape_search('p00001000482626','URBAN_SPRAWLS_2','PX00000515',' and name in (''Ferndown'',''Fleet'',''Flint''...etc"

Then When I execute:
CallableStatement cstmt = conn.prepareCall(sql);

I get this error:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3143
at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:558)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleSql.handleODBC(OracleSql.java:123)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleSql.parse(OracleSql.java:69)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.nativeSQL(OracleConnection.java:1217)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.expandSqlEscapes(OracleStatement.java:6670)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.parseSqlKind(OracleStatement.java:6659)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.<init>(OraclePreparedStatement.java:152)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleCallableStatement.<init>(OracleCallableStatement.java:77)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleCallableStatement.<init>(OracleCallableStatement.java:48)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.privatePrepareCall(OracleConnection.java:1169)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.prepareCall(OracleConnection.java:1024)
at com.clearchannel.mi.MappingOracleLayerLoader.createShapeProximity(MappingOracleLayerLoader.java:976) <-- The prepare call line.

What should I do?

Help appreciated, Martin.

1) Call the procedure with the exact parameters that are failing on your Java app, and see if it executes correctly.

2) Could be a driver bug - try upgrading your driver if "1)" succeeds.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back