Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

String together fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

EgWeb

MIS
Oct 14, 2002
US
Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to string together fields without having seperate controls.

Say I have a query that's giving me the fields f1, f2 and f3. I would like to setup 1 control with all 3 of these fields in succession. I can do this by making seperate controls on the page and then turning visible=no and then on my primary control setting the source as:
=[f1] & " " & [f2] & " " & [f3]

Is there any way I can do this without giving them a control on the page?

Thanks!
Andy

Are you trying to do this on a form or a report? Either way it should be possible. You should not need to include the fields for each of them on the form, just put =[f1] & " " & [f2] & " " & [f3] in the textbox on your form.

I think I know what your problem is. You tried to do that in one of the fields you put on the form instead of putting it in a new field. For example, you said you had to put [f1], [f2], and [f3] on the form. I am thinking that you took one of the fields, lets say [f1] and tried to concatenate the others there. That would work if you changed the name of the field control from f1, to say, Myf1, or someother name.

Let me know if you don't understand what I am saying.

Sorry,

It's in a report and I'm retarded. I deleted my controls and it worked fine.

Thanks,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back