Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

String Query works in one database but not in other 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ2000

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2000
US
I have a database that I created some time ago in MS Access97.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I attempt to run the following query on it it gives me an error.&nbsp;&nbsp;When creating and running the same query in a NEW database - it gets no Errors. Does anyone know of a database wide setting or property that can effect the usage of str (string) conversion?&nbsp;&nbsp;The helpfile indicates that ANY numeric format can be converted by using the str function. <br><br><br>SELECT numbers.testNumLong,<br>&nbsp;Str([testNumlong]) AS textlong,<br>&nbsp;numbers.testNUmDbl,<br>&nbsp;Str([testNumDbl]) AS textDbl<br>FROM numbers;<br>

in the old database you need to refresh your references. open a module under tools references click on a box that was not selected hit the OK button select tools,references again and uncheck the box you just checked hit ok. Should do the trick

mmmmKay...&nbsp;&nbsp;it worked, but why?<br>What do the module references have to do with STR fucntionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back