Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

String getting truncated in report

Status
Not open for further replies.

venumg

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
US
Hi,

I have an oracle database field of type varchar2(600).
When i tried to display it on a report only 120 characters get displayed.
Is there anyway of incresing this size such that i can display the whole string.
I've used the can grow option also with indefinite growth(i.e 0 in no of lines).
Please help me out.
I'm struck with this stuff from quiet some time and my boss is very annoyed about this.

thanks in advance.

I am having a similar problem with an MS SQL 7 nvarchar string (480 char)which displays only 255 char. When I changed the field type to char it displays the whole string field. But I don't want to change the field type, so I too am looking for an answer. If I find out something that will help you I will respond.

First, see the FAQ on Memo/VarChar fields.

CR will read any string/VarChar field over 255 as a Memo field, but it should stil print out the entire contents. If the CanGrow feature isn't working, then something strange is happening. Ken Hamady
On-site custom Crystal Reports Training and Consulting.
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back