Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

string encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perilous1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2005
US
Can someone post a scalable example of encrypting a string of text that would be sent across TCP and decrypted on the other side? Any help would be appreciated.

Please disregard. I have this worked out.

To Perilous or anyone who may solve their own problem, please post your solution.

It can be a big help to someone else who may come across your post and is struggeling with the same or similar problem.

I generally do that. But in this particular case of "encryption" of data I am not about to post how I am going to encrypt it.

I'm sure you understand.

Intresting Perilous1,

however, you were anticipating and expecting someone to show you how to encrypt it? yet, you wouldn't want to share the methodology of how you accomplished it?

sorry, that's not "sportsmenship" of a developer.

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

I asked for an example of how it could be done. I didn't ask anyone to show me how they encrypted their own data.

Refering back to my previous post, why not show an example of how you did it. Give the answer that you found to the question you were asking.

Because this is now proprietary encryption. I am happy to assist in any other coding examples but I can't be the only one that understands that giving hints as to how you encrypt your data packets for transmission over the Internet is just about the dumbest thing a programmer can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back