Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

String Data, Right Truncated Column1 Table [CAT-1] ! Excel/access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert1

Technical User
May 19, 2000
GB
When I try to create a pivot table in excel using the pivot table wizard, and&nbsp;&nbsp;using my access database data,&nbsp;&nbsp;I get the above warning.<br><br>The right OBCD available.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is a table in the relational database that is called 'Category' so may be this is where the [CAT-1] comes from in the warning.&nbsp;&nbsp;Cant think of a solution. Tried lengthening the field in Access.<br><br>The category table is literally that, a list of cvategories no longer than 4 words long.<br><br>Anyone know what this means and what wrong ?<br>

I am not sure if there is a size limit on a text cell in Excel (pivot tables specifically).&nbsp;&nbsp;Is the data type in Access memo or text?&nbsp;&nbsp;I think the problem might be that the data in Access is too long not too short.&nbsp;&nbsp;Try shortening you field length the minimum size possible.&nbsp;&nbsp;Good luck!

I have the same problem when I try to refresh one of my pivot table.
I get the message:
&quot;String Data, Right Truncated Column1 Table [CAT-1] &quot;
Maybe can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back