Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STREAMS.NLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keebler

MIS
Feb 22, 2001
DE
Hello,

I have a server which has been experienceing abends which have to do with the STREAMS.NLM.

We are running Novell 5.1 with service pack 2

Any information to what this streams.nlm is, or what i can do about it would be appreciated

Thanks
Chris

What version of STREAMS.NLM is it running? Any more details on the type of Abend? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply.

The version of the streams.nlm is 4.20g

The only thing which I can make sense of in the Abend log, is that the thread is owned by server.nlm

EIP in streams.nlm at code start +0000FC4bh

And it tells me that the problem cold be in that module or a process owned by the server.nlm

If there is any specific information that you need or may to help narrow it down, let me know.

y the way, what exactly is this Streams.NLM for???

Thanks for the help
Chris

You could try applying SP3 for NetWare 5.1? If you're not keen on doing that you could try the STREAMS.NLM update:

I have SP3 on our servers here and the version of STREAMS.NLM is 4.20i

Go to the following link for a (yawn) description of what STREAMS.NLM does and is. It's a NetWare 3.12 document, but who's arguing?

"It's true, its damn true!"

Definitely upgrade to NW51SP3, like TheLad suggests! That should take care of your problems.

There is also a CLIB/STREAMS update available for NW51.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back