Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Streamlining an image

Status
Not open for further replies.

playcorp

Technical User
Nov 30, 2003
AU
I have used the Streamline Program to out line an image before, but unfortunately without buying it ($600) I cannot trace my pictures, is there anything I can download off the net (For Free) or something in Photoshop that may be able to trace my image so I can save it as a vector and bring into Illustrator. I have used the Threshold in Photoshop and saved it as a Bitmap but it isn't clean enough when I bring it into Illustrator.

you can make selections and then convert to paths; which you can export as Illustrator files.

Alt clicking on the 'make work path from selection' button in the paths palette, will give the option to change the tolerance of the conversion - lower tolerance, truer to the selection - but more points on the path.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Streamline is more like $125.

Corel Trace works well but is only available in the suite bundles. There is a 30 day trial version of the latest version of Corel Graphic Suite. You are eligible for the the suite upgrade price of $179 with many competing products (including Photoshop).

Sheri

Thanks for your advice. I have used Corel Trace before and it worked quite well, but I am on Illutrator and would prefer to use Streamline, may have to buy it after all.

Flash can convert Raster to Vector.
Also Panopticum make a plugin for Illustrator called Vectorizer ($40)that does this.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back