Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Streaming video over wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalpencil

Programmer
Apr 8, 2001
GB
Hi,
I'm looking into ways in which to transmit video more effectively over my home wireless network. Currently, I am merely connecting to network shares and opening video files directly, however, this has proved ineffective at providing a consistent data rate and as a result, frames are being dropped.
Does anyone know a way in which I can buffer the video transfer so the player is downloading the file ahead of the playhead?
All advice is greatly appreciated,
Thanks,

DigiPencil

i used to have similar problems but now i play divx files over my wireless network with no problem. make sure that you are getting a full signal on your wifi status monitor. if you dont, you might need to install an antenna on your router or wireless AP or if you have an ad-hoc connection on one of your pc's. remember that signal strength is much much much more important than connection speed.

Tony
AP CompuServices
MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back