Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Streaming music from DI.fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3lson

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
I want to put this music stream on my website. They kinda gave instructions, but i've never used XML. I don't even know where to start. Help! The address with this information is @ Here is what it said.

----------------
Next 3 Calendar Events XML:
Suggested refresh rate: not more often than once an hour.

This XML interface allows your website to show the next three upcoming events on our calendar. The tags are self-explanatory and no logic tricks are required.

Channel Playlists XML:
Suggested refresh rate: not more often than once every 30-60 seconds.

This XML interface allows you to pull up information on the last 5 tracks (including the one currently playing) for any all Digitally Imported Radio channels. Besides the obvious fields, there is some tricky logic you should implement, which is described below.

Fields are as follows:

<TRACKTITLE> //track title. If the track is an ad, it will contain advertiser name.

<STARTTIME>
//unix timestamp of when track supposedly started (US EST time usually)

<LABEL />
//if not empty, then contains the label name of the track

<TRACKURL>
//contains link associated with track; either forum link, or if this is an advertisement, contains the advertiser link.

<BOARDCOUNT>
//number of replies in the forum thread for this track. If it's set to -1, then this entry is really an advertiser (which meants TRACKURL contains advertiser URL.

<EXTRAURL TITLE="" />
//If not empty, tag contains "info" URL, could be artist's or DJ's home page.
TITLE attribute might be later used for tooltip text for html link tag.

<BUYURL1 FROM="" />
//If not empty then contains a direct link to buy this item.

<BUYURL2 FROM="" />
//If not empty then also contains a direct link to buy this item.
BUT, if it's not empty, AND BUYURL1 IS empty, then this tag happens to be the exclusive buy link (do not display any search engines then!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back