Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strata paging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2023
US
thread461-1589454

Hello,

I have a customer who was using the old analog Strata system, they recently upgraded to hosted VOIP. We use Algo 8301 paging adapters to connect to any paging system. However, since the paging system is technically a BIO/PIO card in the phone system they would have to keep that system active with a number to keep that device going. My question is, if I found out what the number was for the paging system could I port it over, put it on an ATA device by taking it from the 66 block and wiring it to a switch port? Then add the Algo 8301 to the Strata card and forward the 8301 DID number to the number I put on the ATA? I know this is more complicated than it needs to be but for some reason the customer wants to keep this paging system in place. They do have the Strata going to a Valcom device could I connect that to the paging adapter and go that route? My main concern is the number that is connected to the paging card, I am not familiar with provisioning that system to go in as admin to find out what number is attached. Or is this a lost cause and I should tell them to get a paging device like Bogen and use the existing Valcom and speakers?

Refer to the schematic on the thread you linked to. Connect the audio output of the Algo 8301 to the input of the customer's amplifier or self-amplified horns. There is no reason to keep any of the Strata equipment working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back