Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strata DK280 used in retirement home

Status
Not open for further replies.

flori1

Technical User
Dec 21, 2004
US
Hello there Toshiba guys- as I see way happy to chat about the boundless nothingness of the Toshiba Strata. Nortel- Avaya man here [bigsmile]
Got a customer today who has a DK 280, it's a retirement home that mostly uses analog extensions and it has 12 CO ports.
The residents cannot call out as they are not grabbing a line when dialing 9 to call out. I checked the 12 lines and are good to the card. Same issue with all 50 resident phones.
Can anyone (please and thank you!) tell me which direction I should be looking into to figure out which of the parts are the culprit? [hourglass] I rolled the cards without success, so could there be ALL the CO cards bad?? Or is it the cabinet slots? Can I call IT dead?
Much obliged for your time and trouble

Firstly you are in the nortel Norstar forum

Check program 3 to be sure the slots are assigned correctly
Check program 16 to make sure only the 12 lines are assigned to group 0

Marv ccna
Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx
Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Considering there is no Toshiba forum, and the number of DKs out there, I guess he had to post somewhere...Maybe we can get the admins of tek-tips to put a Toshiba forum up (but then I asked them to start a ROLM forum a good while back and they didnt..determining the Siemens:HICOM forum would work...but any ROLM before the 9751-9006i WERE not Hicom based)
I have the programming manuals in PDFs for the DKs if the OP would like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back