Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strangest AS400 printing thing I have ever seen, Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thormax

MIS
Sep 25, 2002
US
On every single printer on the AS400 for the reply to the messages for printing the system is automatically entering an "H" for Hold, and when you try to release it goes right back to Hold, no one can print because of this.

What could possibly be the reason for that?????

usually,, I have seen this happen,, when a printer session is running,, and you are trying to start it again,, if you look at the "status", of the printer,, is it str or end?? And what happens when you try to start it??

I have seen this behavior when attempting to print a spool file containing AFP data on a printer not capable of AFP. If the printer cannot support some attribute of the spool file, the system will put it on hold when it is released. What I find unusual with your problem is that it is every printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back