Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange text behaviour 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgledy

Technical User
Jan 12, 2005
GB
I am using Indesign CS edition. When adding ranged left text to a text frame I sometimes want to return a word in order to stop it sticking out (technical term). When I do this words sometimes go back before the return! This is very disconcerting. Do you know why it does this? In a related problem (actually more important) there is sometimes, what seems like, plenty of room for a word to go back onto a previous line but it refuses to do so. This can be agravating when you are trying to fit an important message into a small space.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stuart

Try this: change to single line instead of Adobe para comm
showimg.gif

The Adobe Paragraph Composser changes the Paragraph so that it is visually correct, the single line composser only change the single line so you will be able to move words back. (like Quark)

If you tried moving a word back with the paragrph composser on then it will try to balance out the whole para...

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back