Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

strange symbals,numbers,letters when type in browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

schleiff

Technical User
Jan 9, 2010
US
windows 7, ei 8 and firefox 3.5.7. After repair install various letters, numbers, and symbols appear. One key can type many diffenent things--completely random. i DID ANOTHER INSTALL REPAIR AND IT DID NOT FIX IT.; i HAVE CHECKED THAT THE LANGUAGE IS ENGLISh (us). This morning for about 30" it typed fine, but then reverted to the incorrect typing again.I have seen this before but it lasted a short time in that instance Any help would be greatly appreciated.
76zb]3f-mwjh[kzeqip=walp4k\[f\qfjwjbhv0,iq nm

Have you tried a different keyboard? If you're using a PS/2 keyboard, have you tried a USB type (and vice-versa?)

thank you danomac. I had tried another keyboard. I just figured it out the problem. I have a free program called keyscrambler which encodes my typing to the internet. It seems that that program was corrupted and scrambling the visible text.Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back