Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Scheduling Assistant problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebenson

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hello all,

I am running Exchange 2007 on a Win 2003 server, with Outlook 2007 clients. One client is having a rather curious Scheduling Assistant problem.

If the client creates a new item (appointment, meeting, etc.), invites attendees and then views the Scheduling Assistant, all is good. The SA finds the free/busy time for all invited attendees. However, if the client opens the SA without selecting any attendees, then adds the names of attendees to check their free/busy time, the rows are grayed out and Outlook says it can't find the information. The names (which are in the global address book) are not underlined. Strangely, if names from another address book are entered, they are found and underlined. The free/busy time is not displayed as the other address book is external contacts; they are not part of our Exchange domain.

I have run the Email Autoconfiguration test and it works with no errors. There are no errors in the event log. I have not had the opportunity yet to run this client with logging enabled.

Client OS is Win XP Pro SP3 with all available patches.

So, has anybody ever seen this before?

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back