Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabab

Technical User
Jun 29, 2001
IL
I somehow got the folder tasks menu(Like in folders, on the left) to show on the desktop. How do I get rid of it?
Thanks!

reword you problem..having trouble understanding what you mean.

Never mind I found the solution.
What I meant was I had a "Common Tasks" menu on the desktop.

does any body know why is my comp taking 5 gig for nathind i have 20 gig hd fireball and xp pro 731 megaherz 192 mb on my windows i remove everything that i dont need and still no change pl help

koljooo,

You should start your own thread rather than sticking them on the end of other threads as it is going to make it hard for you to locate the replies.

System Restore might be using your hard drive space. It by default will use up to 12% of the drive. Windowx XP will grab another 2GB. With your game included this could account for your 5GB.

Run Disk Cleanup and look under "More Options" and you can remove all the restore points except the most recent one.

I suggest using a Erase Beyond Recovery tool , like CyberScrub.It is the one I am using and it is very very good.I have the same problem and the program does wonders.It frees up about 2 to 5 GB of HDD space.
The using of HDD space is because of the fact that Windows actually holds everything that you have "removed" on your HDD.It is stupid , I know , but it does that for System Recovery and other programs.Moving the slide bar to a lower level in the System Recovery menu won't do the trick.Use CyberScrub and I guarantee that it will free up a lotta space on your HDD.
Remember : It's not your fault , it's Windows'.
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back