Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickdad

Technical User
Jan 28, 2004
US
I have a customer that when he dials someone after hangup the number he calls from dials the person back and just gives a burst of 5 - 6 rings rapidly then quits. It seems that all the dialed numbers in his call log (M3903) dial from time to time with out the set being off hook. We have looked at every possible thing, besides replacing the Option 11 and the problem still exists. This is only happening from one phone. we have changed from digital to analog, changed ports, cards, options and it still happens. Anybody ever seen a problem like this.

Strange Problems can be down to electrical, ie grounding, a good earth source.

I would just remove the 'ghost/gremlin' phone from service - you can get a replacement for $50 with a 5 year warranty from BlackBox reseller. It is not worth $50 to keep it in service and have it do strange things.

could be the station cable, you could have some intermittant short, or the line cord or jack at the station....if not then:

give him a second phone with a new number and tell him to use that one for a while (have both on his desk) and see if it's happening on the new one as well...... could be the user, something he/she is doing.

i have watched a user "flash" the switch hook instead of hanging up and the calls call back (on analog) and they thought they hung up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back