Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange problem with coordinates

Status
Not open for further replies.

montyfull

Technical User
Feb 21, 2008
US
I think I've clicked every button/setting possible in corel trying to get rid of this problem!

And the problem is... whenever I draw a shape, or a curve (for some reason doesn't happen with lines), the top left corner of the new object's handle defaults to the top left corner of the page. So, if I were to draw an object in the bottom right corner of the page, the handles would basically cover the entire page, even though the object is a small little squiggle on the other side. Anyone have this problem and/or know how to solve it?

When i create an object, it seems to automatically set its object coordinates to be "Top, left handle" instead of "Center of handles". I can modify it after the fact, but thats not really a viable solution in the long run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks!

Which version of CorelDraw is this?

Is this a new installation, or has it previously behaved more normally?

I reckon a good atart would be F8 on Corel launch and accept factory defaults. Save your workspace first. F8 seems to fix so many weird things in Corel. I'm assuming you're not working with a very old version.
Alan D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back