Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange problem, but I know u can help me!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucomela

Programmer
Oct 15, 2001
IT
I need to create a DB where to insert articles. These articles should be called by an ASP page. Unfortunately, I know I can't format text from access (I mean inside records), so I would like to generate a button into the form that allows to insert HTML tags into record. In this way, when ASp will call the DB, text will be formatted in HTML. Have you any idea of the VB code to work this out? What might be the on-click event for the button to insert for example <b></b> automathically into the record field?
I hope I was clear, if u can suggest other solutions I'll be very glad to listen to them!! Thank u, Bye

You are making it to complicated. the HTML page layout will effect all text in the HTML page or ASP. what i do is stick the Data into table and let the HTML table control the layout of the article and use percent of page in the table row setting so to control how much space on the html page the Article will take up.

That is the easiest way with little fuss.

hope this helps

I know that's the easiest way!!! BUT: I don't know where the text should be formatted bold or regular or else for each article. Moreover, there are person writing the articles who might not know how to use text-format buttons, so my aim is to make this easiest as possible. I would like to put buttons into the form that can automathically insert HTML tags into the record field, just tell me if this is possible please!!
I know there's a way out!!
Thaks in advance

Now is this an HTML form that is being used or is it a VB form

If it's a VB form just create a command button to insert the HTML code

Now if it is an HTML page you are going to have to write a java applet to do it that runs on the client. big draw back here is MS has said it will no longer support Java in future Browsers IE 6 and above, but you still can download the Java Virtual Machine Engine and install it to get Java to work.

Or you could have the Users write the article in some kind of HTML editor then upload the article to your website.

OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back