Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Outlook Calendar Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSperrin

Technical User
Dec 19, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I have posted this here because I am unsure if this is an Exchange or an Outlook problem.

We use Exchange 2000 sp3 with Outlook 2003 sp1

Our CEO has happily been using the Outlook calendar since the 25th of feburary. He uses a laptop with outlook set to cached mode. Recently any none re-occuring appointments that have ever existed spread from the day they started into infinity.

His first appointment was created on the 25th of Feb 2004. if you scroll back pass this date and the scroll foward, all none re-occuring appointments disappear until the client re-synchcronises with the server.

The strange part is that if you switch cached mode off the calendar looks and works fine. I have tried re-installing Outlook with SP1, but this has not helped. I have also tried firing up outlook on another PC and trying it their and the same thing happens (which makes me think it may be a mail file problem). I have also tried creating a new calendar and copying items across to it. The new calendar displays exactly the same problem.

Any ideas? Please? :)

Fixed it. Just needed to run outlook with the /cleanfreebusy command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back