Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Outlook 2007 Loading... problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flinx

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2001
US
Ok this one makes no sense.

We have a customer with a SBS 2008 server. This customer is a POWER Remote web workplace user. She work from multiple locations all ours of the night. The problem seems to only affect her. When she remotes in to her office computer through RWW she opens her Outlook 2007. It opens normally except that AFTER the splash screen goes away one of the panes (possibly the Inbox) says "Loading..." and has nothing else in it. Outlook will not work and has to be closed by "end process" in the task manager.

The problem does NOT occur when she is physically in front of the computer. It does not matter what computer SHE uses outside of the office she gets the same problem.

I was at their office today and remoted in to one of my Terminal servers then Accessed her computer through RWW using her credentials etc. I could NOT get the problem to repeat. Later in the day she went home and reported that she is having the same issue. She claims the problem started after we got them an SSL certificate instead of the self signed one they used to have.

Google searches turn up nothing.
When I tried it the "loading..." appeared but went away within 5 seconds each time.

I will try to get a screen shot at some point if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back