Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange message while saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisfr

Technical User
Jul 11, 2005
FR
Hello,

I've got some strange messages in savegroup_completion.log file, I want to restore data but it seems that index is not present on disk, the save completes normally (group ok) but the saveset if flagged 'vrEiF' :

* my_nt:F:\ save: lgto_reauth fail: cannot contact server my_server prog 390103 vers 2 (13)
* my-nt:F:\ save: lgto_reauth fail: cannot contact server my_server prog 390103 vers 2 (13)
my_nt: F:\ level=full, 146 GB 03:18:32 360301 files

The problem is present on 2 drives of my NT server, but other drives are correct. (My NW server is 7.3.3, the client version is 7.1.3)

Are my data saved ? What is the problem ?

The only reason i can imagine is that this account does not have the proper rights to access these partitions.

I've made some investigations.

The save is correct.

I can recover data but only for the current day, I suppose that the nightly nsrim -X suppress indexes because of the ssflags.

The next day, the recover still remains possible, but only with the SSID.

I've opened a case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back